Thursday, December 29, 2011

No Resolution-its called AMBITION!!

Ahhhh Hey there Shiners! I've so missed you wonderful people.  Let me tell you that it feels so good to write about something that I love instead of writing all of these politically correct papers for school. I mean really, what is the deal with 10 page papers?!? With psychology everything has to be just so and to be honest it makes you so drained that you may not even want to blog!!! GASPS!  No don't you even think that Ms. Positivity would ever leave her Shiners-this is all just to say that I appreciate that all of you hang in here with me through my journey of staying positive and trust me 2012 we are gonna take this to a whole new level.

                               

                                  Strong AMBITION-no RESOLUTIONS




As the year comes to a close I know many of us are going to do what we normally do, have a ball, and set the ever pesky new years resolution!!  Shiners can I stop you from doing this task??  I beg of you NOT to do it.  Let me explain......How many times have we done this?? Each year we set out to do something ONLY when the new year comes around and we do it for a little while but then we are right back to square one.

How many times have we done this and kept at it?? For me NONE! This is why I can speak so frankly about it. Well Shiners if you know me you all know I am about to change the game!! I say No to RESOLUTION  and yes to AMBITION!!

I look at resolution as being negative and we know im NOT about any of that, but to have AMBITION is great! This year I want us to have a strong ambition instead of going after something-anything in this up coming year with closed eyes! Lets set reasonable goals so that when we reach them we will feel that much needed positivity to keep us going.  No that is not a resolution its AMBITION!

If one wants to lose weight start off small something small like 5lbs in a month.  Don't start out saying I want to lose 50lbs. Every time you step on the scale it will look as if its not moving. If your thing is to stop smoking, don't stop cold turkey, stopping cold turkey will have a negative impact, instead smoke one less cigarette a day until your smoking less. See with AMBITION anything is obtainable.

I want all Shiners to think different and have AMBITION to reach that goal that you have been grabbing for.  I want for 2012 to be full of joy, laughter, smiles, positivity, and reasonable goal reaching ambition! So I say DOWN with the New Years RESOLUTION  its time to fly a little higher.  Its time to do things differently, if you want to be better have the ambition to be better, if you want to obtain something have the strong ambition to reach it....lets not get comfortable and let our ambition fall to the waist side! Ambition will take you higher and farther than any RESOLUTION could!!!!


So What do you say Shiners?? Lets not lose our zeal lets add tons of AMBITION lets not be afraid of heights and lets take the new year for a grand ride on AMBITION!

Here is to AMBITION-NOT RESOLUTION!


Here is to letting our AMBITION #ShineBright! 

6 comments:

Le' Chic Friend said...

Great post! You got me on the weight loss. Im scaling back. I am all for ambition and motivation, that is how we will meet success.

Unknown said...

Yes chica! Im on the same page! Its way too many times we go through this and its time to start thinking about this differently! Yes we want to tackle goals but lets be reasonable here we know our limits so we will start with them then work up. But be happy with the small victories!

Thank you for stopping by Queen! :)

Unknown said...

Great take on New Year's - ambition is what will get the resolution done. Best if one takes small steps instead of doing something new all at once. Happy New Year and a toast to Ambition.

martywaring said...

Love it!!

Dre said...

I agree with this wholeheartedly! After a few years of failed resolutions (because I set unrealistic goals) I started this year without any. I just prepared myself last year in ways to further work on my life goals. You really said a lot with this post! Our ambition is what will help us accomplish our goals, not countless resolutions...

Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

Miss Dre YeSSS! Entirely too many times this has failed me but I said NOPE no more! We will be realistic and work on the smaller goals and feel accomplished because we did! That is why I did this post! This is how we strive for positivity! #AMBITION!!