Monday, August 29, 2011

Taking back what’s mine…..


Taking back what’s mine…..Me, My Mind, My Positivity!!

I am under arrest but I will not go quietly because I am on a mission to take back what is mine.  

I decided to create this piece because I am sure that many of us have gone through this once or twice or hey many more than that!  What am I talking about? the Negativity with a break up, or a person who has nothing but negativity to spread!  Mainly that bitter break up that drains you every moment it gets.  I have had the pleasure of having many conversations and to be honest I have gone through this myself many times of that bad breakup that drains you.  Well guess what-We have been robbed and I’m taking back what is mine and you should too.  The daily mental struggle of even thinking about this person just makes you sick or breaks your positive mood welp enough is enougggggggggh! Now we know it is bad when all you have to do is hear their name or see them on the street and you feel like “Ughhhh there goes (enter their name here)” Why do we give them so much power? I will tell you why, because these persons have done us wrong, have practiced some shady acts that hurt us or the major kicker that has happened time and time again….the LIES!!! It never goes away because we have not gotten full closure and even a bit of bitterness has surfaced.  Well Shiners I am taking a stand, going in there, and taking back what is rightfully mine.
 
Here is how WE are going to do it!!!  First, we are going to say if we are not together, then something better is surely on its way.  (Many times, we want to hold on to something that was never meant for us anyway)  Now Shiners, I am not saying get ready to go out on the man/lady hunt I am clearly stating that it is time to let them GO!  It is time to shake the negative mental hold they have on our minds.  So let us snatch it back.


Next is to focus on US! This means to get you right, many times, we change many things to appease another during our so-called dreadful time together.  Well its time to do us, hang out, do positive things, you know-the things we would not usually do because of them.  Snatch that side of you back as well.  We seldom forget who we are while in a relationship but we should NEVER do that act of desperateness.  We were a person/ human being before we hooked up with him/her,  just because we may have felt that we were less than nothing does not mean that it was actually so.  (It was the mind game and I know we were tired of playing)

In addition, I know many are not religious but I do find that a quick prayer asking for mental calmness helps.  I find that when we ask for help from a higher power (not saying that you have to do this it is just a suggestion) it gives us the strength to cope with the feeling of being robbed. 

Lastly, forget about it.  We are not going back, we know what they stand for, they are not going in the same direction as we are, they lied, hurt, and had no care in the world for how we would feel so why give them a single ounce of our positivity,-and they are not worthy.  So Shiners take back what is yours You, Your Mind, Your Positivity!  It belongs to you anyway!


So Here is to taking back what is ours WE will no longer play victim but change the game of thievery! 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job - would love for you to check me out as well at http://vanessaduranajunkjunkie.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

im on it for ya hun!

Elizabeth said...

love the post. I am going to forward to a GF who is having a tough time these days.... XOXO!

Unknown said...

That is fine hunni....my goal with this blog is to make sure that everyone positively shines. life its ruff at times but we can make it through together! so share away!

MP

Chasing Joy said...

Great topic. Breakups are tough. Not only do you lose the person you also lose the vision you had of your life with them. But you do have to view it as everything happpens for a reason and that they just were not the one for you.

Thanks for linking up on Chasing Joy. Linkk up every Friday!

Unknown said...

Hey Joy sweetie....hunni you are so right...its like you lose you right along with what you thought was gonna be a grand life. I learned that we can no longer stand in dis belief that this has happened, Some one said to me we only haev a window of time to cry-then it is time to bounce back and chase joy again for happier moments in life! A

Always love when you stop by!

See ya soon!

it's great to "BE" ™ said...

great attitude! I had a similar situation, but it wasn't a guy, it was a "friend" who stole my money... see my Counting on Karma post. Also I've chosen the word RELEASE for my One Word 365 this 2012... My most recent post talks about what One Word is. I suggest you find your one word and link your blog to their community! I will be following you... so glad I checked out Chasing Joy's #FBF for the first time! -Victoria