Friday, August 12, 2011

Beat The Cycle of Negativity....

"I, not event, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.  I can choose which it shall be.  Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.  I have just one day, today and I'm going to be happy in it."
~Groucho Marx~


Wow what a quote-what a powerful bet ever so true statement.  To me this statement/quote is staying-do what you will but I will be happy on my own accord and no negativity shall rock me.  When I read this all I could say was " I know that's right!!" All to often we fall victim to the negative things and mope around with them all day thus destroying what could have been  a fantastic day.  The simple acts of others keep so many from being positive.  That one person that we wish would just keep quiet, not to be so nosy, or that one-just one negative gesture.  

Well we can beat the cycle of negativity.  It is so easy to be negative, but so hard to be positive.  With so much negativity surrounding us daily I'm surprised that their are still positive people fighting the good fight against negativity.  So as the quote says "we have the power to make ourselves happy or unhappy."  I am a little confused as to why would anyone choose unhappy.  Well guess what??? I surely do not want to be unhappy and I know you lovely people do not want to share in the unhappiness that others possess so WE won't!!!

Think positive~Be Positive.
Live it~Indulge in it.
So, as we positively shine lets also choose to be happy and Beat the Cycle of Negativity! 
Together we can NOT Lose! 

Yours Truly,

Ms. Positivity

10 comments:

Chasing Joy said...

That's right we can take ownership of our happiness and decide to be happy and focus on Joyful things no matter what. Stopping by from Flashback Friday :-)

Shah said...

Inspirational post. Thanks for sharing your positivity with the world - its a powerful tool! Here from fbf linky. New follower!

Shah from http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-creation-blog-hop-plus-2-poems.html

Jodi - Soul Speak said...

Bravo! I hadn't heard that quote before - I love it! It's so true that we choose whether we will be happy or miserable. I'm with you - I would much rather be happy and live a positive life. That definitely doesn't mean that I am happy 100% of the time - but it does mean that I am aware and consciously changing my negative thoughts to positive ones. So glad I found you from Chasing Joy's blog! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there Jodi...thank you so much. I am glad that I am able to reach you and make you keep on that path of positivity. We all need it these days. I agree, we are not happy 100% of the time but heck if we aren't making a valid effort!

Thanks for stopping by...see ya soon on your blog. :)

Unknown said...

I am a new follower. You had me at the name of your blog. I try to live each day by shining my light!!!

Catch My Words said...

I guess people enjoy bragging about how miserable their little lives are.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Melody! That's the ticket.....i feel that this would make so many lives much easier instead of letting the negativity beat us on a daily basis....a good honest effort! Thank you for following and hope you continue to enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hey there Joyce! its funny that you say that because I think that some people just want a pity party instead of striving to look at things different, or to change things to get a positive result.

Your awesome for stopping by...hope you return!

Chasing Joy said...

Thanks for joining the flashback. Link up every friday on Chasing Joy.

Unknown said...

Oh Im on my way to chica!!! Love FBF!