Sunday, April 29, 2012

I got "A NEW ATTITUDE"


                                                   
      Hello Once again Shiners and Shinettes!

      Oh this post is on a mission….I “GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!!!”
Let me explain what I mean….My wires got crossed!  I am positive as can be but you know what?  I realized that I am sometimes negative towards myself.  Hey, I never said I was perfect and sure enough I so practice what I preach!  I think that we all go through this at times.  Well I had to catch myself, and lately some things have been hitting me like a brick.  I have been going through some trials, work issues, weight issues, confidence issues, compliment acceptance…darlings I feel like I am going out of my mind.  I have actually stared at myself in the mirror and said “Melissa WTH is wrong with you get it together.” 

 It is funny that my mom called me one day, we started talking, and to be honest we learned from each other.  I began speaking to her about my job issue, and then she said something…”it will happen when God wants it to happen” Ah Ha!  That was it!  I wanted this job issue to happen on my time.  Granted they gave a deadline and I am expecting them to hold good to it.  I became frustrated and even angry to be honest.  I like many do not like to be toyed with and I am trying to live my life and take care of my family.  However, I forgot about what I am supposed to do.  I am supposed to let God do his work and be patient.  Now it gets deeper, as we continue to talk she is telling me her story.  As she finished, I said well mom did you talk to God about it.  She admitted, no for some reason I wanted it done when I wanted it done.  Ha, how about we just learned the same lesson but different situations. 

See darlings we can only do but so much before, we realize that, we are not in control here at all.  We may get down on ourselves about so many things but as long as we seek the lord, the answers will be provided.  Therefore, you know this is why I “GOT A NEW ATTITUDE!”  I will no longer forget to seek him when I need him, (he already knows), I will no longer try to make things happen on MY time, I will no longer lack confidence because that is not me I am confident, I will no longer talk negative about my weight.  I got a new attitude yall!  It is so easy to forget the major things in life when the things that really do not matter bog us down!  What matters is to seek the most positive being I know.  At the end of the day we all should get a new attitude and remain positive about any and everything.  Forgetting nothing and remembering that it is ok to obtain “A NEW ATTITUDE!” So from here on out I will continue to do everything that I have been doing beside trying to do things on my time….

So What are you going to get a new attitude about?? Let do this together!

P.S. Thanks mom for the talk!


6 comments:

Doctor G said...

When I need an "attitude adjustment" I remind myself how much my kids really do watch me. If I'm negative they are too. So I set the tone, gotta be up beat!

Unknown said...

A new attitude is a good thing when we focus on the positive. A great reminder! I try to think "This too will pass..."

Gillian (@Gillian_Stephen) said...

Hi Melissa, Great post, my sister is always telling me that I can make my plans but essentially it's out of my hands. I'm on God's time. Thanks for the reminder.

Fitnessbuster supporting you in improving your fitness and nutrition.

Unknown said...

Hey there Doctor G!!!

Yes our children do mimic our behavior. If they see us doing something on a consistent basis then we will soon enough see then picking up those same habits whether good or bad...so why not just make it the good and leave the bad outside or nothing bad at all!!! Thank you so much for your comment!

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa! Thank you for commenting!

Yes that is a great way to think...not everything in life is bad. We may have negative situations but it is best to keep a positive mind set and press on with a great and positive attitude.

Unknown said...

Hey Hey Gillian!

You are correct! Many time we want to do things and that is just fine but when the magic will happen is on God's time and we shall not rush him and if we do then we could mess up our blessing or something great.

So taking our time and waiting on him for change keeps our moods up knowing that something better is surely on the way!

Thank you darling for commenting!