Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Sun Shines on You.....

                                            


Hello once again Shiners!

I must say that I love the title of this piece.  Don’t you just feel great when we see the sun shining ever so brightly in the sky down on us?  In a way it brings smile to our faces because it signals that we are having good weather and that is one of the many things that can start our day on a positive note, besides being able to rise another day.

Let me get to the real reason of the title Shiners.  I have met the most wonderful group of young ladies that I had the pleasure of mentoring to help get their lives back on track and to do great in school.  When I first met them they were playing a get to know you game called “Sunshine”.  We all sat in a huge circle big enough for everyone to get up and move all around.  One of the girls had the job of being the Sun-Castor.  This is how it went.  The Sun-Castor would look around and then say “The sun shines on you if….” Then she would select her random item let’s say jeans.  Then she would say “The sun shines on you if you have on jeans”, then everyone wearing jeans would get up and run around to another chair but it could not be the same seat.  The goal is not to get caught standing up after everyone else has found a seat, then you would be the sun-Castor.  I love that game still to this day and the girls as well. 



Here is the catch shiners-I am starting my own version of “If the sun shines on you” and instead of not wanting to be caught I say stay standing!

Many of us are single mothers and fathers, (there are many stand up guys out there today as well), holding our families together instead of letting them fall apart, raising our children up correctly, knowing how to really love, giving second chances, being forgiving, being a true friend, lending a helping hand to one that is less fortunate, wiping tears, kissing boo-boos, taking our lives back and so much more.

Therefore, the sun is shining you Shiners.  I am so proud of each and every one of you for letting the sun shine in. 
In today’s society, we are faced with so many barriers and we are over coming them all.  With that being said, keep Positively Shining Bright because the sun continues to shine on you! ALL of you!

                                                   
                                     So tell me why is the sun shining on you?

12 comments:

Alison said...

The sun's shining on me because I'm a child of a God who loves me without condition. I'm blessed to bless (shine on) everyone with whom I come into contact. Who could ask for anything more? LOL!

Unknown said...

Hey there Alison hunni....I love it! We are on the same page! Glad that you know the sun is shining on you! Keep Shining on sweetie! :)

CreekSide Naturals the Soapy Side of Bubble said...

Great post that is such a great job mentoring
Can change many lives . Good luck you aren getting my awesomesauce award( if I had one) my grandkiddos say that. Have a great day

Unknown said...

Hey there Sweetlife....I never knew until now what mentoring could do for ones life. I don't think that I could ever live without doing that or being around a group of vibrant kids. I also teach for my children's church. making a difference in a child's life is my sunshine! I thank you for stopping by and commenting...hope to see you back soon! #ShineOn

Sagittarian said...

Hi! I can say the shine is shining on me because I'm still on right way, standing still even if there's a lot of difficulties in life. I know HE is always there to shine on me.. Great post! Loved it! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Sag! I love your comment...HE is most definetly shining down on all of us that are allowing him in our hearts. That is awesome in itself. :)

the daywalker said...

the sun shines on me because i'm alive, n so i do have hope for a better tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Hey there Cheech! I see this is your first time stopping by! Glad to see you! Being alive to witness another day is such a blessing. Its nothing like it at all. Each new day brings more hope and more sunshine! Gotta love it!

Please stop by again new friend!

Mental Mosaic said...

Sometimes, here in Texas, I'm happy when the sun isn't shining - lol!

Seriously, though, the sun is shining because the internet allows me to meet lovely, inspiring people such as you! :)

~Tui
p.s. I found your blog via Chasing Joy

Unknown said...

Another inspiring post and something I needed to hear. I have been down lately and sometimes I forget that the sun does shine on me everyday. Thank you again for the post. You don't know how bad i needed to read this.

Unknown said...

Hey there Mental Mosaic! Nice to meet ya! Is it always sunny in Texas!? And thank you I am glad that I was able to shine more positivity you way! Hope to see ya again!

MP!

Unknown said...

Hey there Keazy! Hunni you and I both have been in the same boat and I had to come read this piece to remind me that the sun shines on me and I cant forget who I am and pull myself out from the dark place! We all have our moments and I am glad that this was able to help you through sweetie! Major hug for ya!

MP!