I got this recipe online and I don't quite remember where. Of course, I tweaked it a bit and made it my own, and it has always been a very popular and favorite dish. Even my son, Tate, loves it and he is extremely picky, so I know that I am definitely on to something when he will eat it and want seconds besides! This is definitely a twist on the traditional pasta dishes.
Pizza in a Dish
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta (I like penne)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 (or more) cups spaghetti sauce (any kind will do)
- 6-8 oz of sliced pepperoni
- 1 2.25oz can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a medium-sized pot, brown ground beef with onion and garlic.
- Add sliced pepperoni and olives, and stir.
- Add spaghetti sauce and stir.
- Add dry ingredients and stir well, and allow to simmer on low.
- In the meantime, boil your pasta per package directions.
- Drain pasta and stir into meat mixture.
- Add shredded cheese to pasta and meat mixture, and stir until melted in.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- You can also add in any of your other favorite pizza toppings like mushrooms, peppers, etc.
- I like Barilla pastas; they cook to a perfect al dente.
- I also like Barilla spaghetti sauces, but Ragu is another favorite of mine.
Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share? Well, send it to me and I will feature it on our blog. Better yet, consider doing a guest post with us!